At present, PAID tokens are available for purchase on Uniswap. Here’s a guide to help you through the process:
- First, make sure you have the right contract address. There are several imitators on Uniswap, pretending that their token is the legitimate token on the exchange.
The correct address is: 0x1614f18fc94f47967a3fbe5ffcd46d4e7da3d787
To check the address on your own, go to https://etherscan.io/. Use the Etherscan search bar and type in “PAID Network” click search.
This should be what you see as your search results (Image 1):
On the column to the right, you will see a field marked as “contract”, this is the address you are looking for. Copy this address, as you'll need to input it into Uniswap.
- Open up Uniswap, go to SWAPS, and click on the “SELECT TOKEN” icon. You will be prompted to input the token contract address, type in or paste the correct and verified address that you got from step 1.
Once the address is in the search bar it should automatically, bring up the correct PAID token. (See Image 2)
So now that you have the correct token, you can move to the next step. The next step is where most users encounter a problem. The reason for this is primarily due to what is called “SLIPPAGE TOLERANCE”. Slippage refers to the difference between the expected price of a trade and the price at which the trade is executed. Slippage can occur at any time but is most prevalent during periods of higher volatility when market orders are used. It can also occur when a large order is executed but there isn’t enough volume at the chosen price to maintain the current bid/ask spread. If your slippage tolerance is set too low, your transactions won’t go through.
To avoid this problem, we recommend adjusting slippage tolerance to 5%
- Adjusting “SLIPPAGE TOLERANCE” On the Uniswap app, locate the advanced transaction settings menu, it is on the upper right-hand side, which looks like a gear. (see Image 3 and 4)
Click this symbol, and you will be brought to the Transaction Settings screen (image 5):
The default slippage tolerance is set at 0.5%. Unless you execute your trade quickly, most of the time this tolerance isn’t high enough to complete the transaction. Click the custom field on the very right side, and input 5% for the slippage tolerance. This should be more than enough to complete the transaction (see image 6):
Now that you have adjusted the slippage tolerance, go back to the main menu by clicking outside the transaction settings menu. You will now see that at the bottom, the slippage tolerance is set to 5% (image 7):
- Start trading! Now that you have the new transaction settings in place, you should be able to execute your trade for PAID tokens.
- In order to make sure you can view your PAID tokens in your Metamask wallet, view this tutorial on how to add a custom token in Metamask here.
Now that you are able to successfully get those PAID tokens, you can now purchase at least 1,000 PAID tokens to be able to participate in the Ignition platform lottery, or 75,000 for a guaranteed allocation, and get the best deals on the best projects out there! For more information about the participation pool tiers, click here.
Happy trading(swapping) everyone! And as always, thank you to our amazing PAID community for all your support. Get that coin and stay safe out there!
For any questions, please feel free to reach out to us on: